Saturday, November 26, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Banana Split Pie
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 stick butter, melted
2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup EggBeaters (these are homogenized eggs, or you could just use 2 eggs)
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. Cool Whip
Toppings of your choice
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs wiht melted butter and toss until fully coated. Press into a 9x13 pan (or two smaller pans).
2. Beat the room temperature butter and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat at least 6 minutes, until thick and smooth.
3. Gently spread the buttercream mixture over the graham cracker crust.
4. Slice bananas long-ways and press into butter cream.
5. Top with Cool Whip, then add toppings. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, until ready to serve.
You can use any toppings you would like! I used chopped peanuts, marshmallows, chocolate sundae sauce and caramel sundae sauce. It would be yummy to add chopped candy bars, too!