Sunday, October 25, 2015
Monday, January 2, 2012
2 cans of chicken (I use Costco brand)
2 cups monterrey jack cheese
3 TBSP. butter
3 TBSP. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4oz.) can diced green chilies
1. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up into tortillas and place into greased 9x13 pan.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour for 1 min. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in chilies and sour cream.
4. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. I added olives on top of one tray of enchilads, but that's optional.
5. Bake 22-25 min at 350*, then broil for 3 min.
1/4 cup butter
1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate and 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt. Let cool.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture, beating well. Add the chocolate mixture and beat well. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
4. Scoop dough onto baking sheets 2 inches apart. *They will spread!!*
Bake at 350* for 10 min. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies were super delicious! My only recommendation would be to use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips, like I used.
This was my new KitchenAid mixer's maiden voyage. It was so fun! :)
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Stuffed French Toast
Loaf of French bread, eggs, milk, butter, cream cheese, cinnamon & jam or fruit (or both).
1. Slice a loaf of bread in 2-inch pieces. You should get about 6-8 pieces all together, not including the ends. Using a paring knife, cut a deep slit across the top in the middle of each slice, approximately 4 inches long. This will form your “pocket". Set the bread aside.
2. Slice the strawberries and add a little sugar and mix it in. Set them aside.
3. Next, add jam to the cream cheese and mix both of them until well combined. I used 8oz. cream cheese and a few big scoops of jam.
4. Grab a slice of bread and add 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Do the same thing with the fruit. If you can, close the opening by gently pressing the bread together. This will make frying them easier and less messy. Set the filled slices aside.
5. Now it’s time to make the "egg bath". Mix about 4 eggs, milk and cinnamon together until well mixed. Turn the stove top on to medium-high to preheat the skillet, or about 350 degrees. While your skillet is heating up, dip sliced bread in the egg mixture on both sides.
6. Add a little butter to the surface of skillet or just use non-stick spray like I do. Fry each slice for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from heat, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Banana Split Pie
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 stick butter, melted
2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup EggBeaters (these are homogenized eggs, or you could just use 2 eggs)
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. Cool Whip
Toppings of your choice
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs wiht melted butter and toss until fully coated. Press into a 9x13 pan (or two smaller pans).
2. Beat the room temperature butter and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat at least 6 minutes, until thick and smooth.
3. Gently spread the buttercream mixture over the graham cracker crust.
4. Slice bananas long-ways and press into butter cream.
5. Top with Cool Whip, then add toppings. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, until ready to serve.
You can use any toppings you would like! I used chopped peanuts, marshmallows, chocolate sundae sauce and caramel sundae sauce. It would be yummy to add chopped candy bars, too!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
If you haven't noticed by the design on this page, I am slightly obsessed with cupcakes. This is by far the best cupcake recipe I've ever tried!!! I made these for my cousin's baby shower and they were a big hit.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 & 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1 stick of soft butter
16 oz. cream cheese
2 lbs. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 oz. coconut cream instant Jell-O pudding
Cupcakes: Cream butter, sugar and eggs until fluffy. Add vanilla. Mix.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of that mixture to your first mixture. Stir. Add milk and cream. Add remaining dry mixture. Fold shredded coconut in. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350*. Cool.
Frosting: Cream the butter and cream cheese. Slowly add powdered sugar. Mix. Add pudding mix. Frost cupcakes and top with toasted coconut.