Stuffed French Toast
Loaf of French bread, eggs, milk, butter, cream cheese, cinnamon & jam or fruit (or both).
1. Slice a loaf of bread in 2-inch pieces. You should get about 6-8 pieces all together, not including the ends. Using a paring knife, cut a deep slit across the top in the middle of each slice, approximately 4 inches long. This will form your “pocket". Set the bread aside.
2. Slice the strawberries and add a little sugar and mix it in. Set them aside.
3. Next, add jam to the cream cheese and mix both of them until well combined. I used 8oz. cream cheese and a few big scoops of jam.
4. Grab a slice of bread and add 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Do the same thing with the fruit. If you can, close the opening by gently pressing the bread together. This will make frying them easier and less messy. Set the filled slices aside.
5. Now it’s time to make the "egg bath". Mix about 4 eggs, milk and cinnamon together until well mixed. Turn the stove top on to medium-high to preheat the skillet, or about 350 degrees. While your skillet is heating up, dip sliced bread in the egg mixture on both sides.
6. Add a little butter to the surface of skillet or just use non-stick spray like I do. Fry each slice for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from heat, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.