Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello, my name is Kayla, and I am a cookie-aholic.
I wear the title very proudly. I can easily say this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tried! I make it a couple times a month.
{That stays between us.}


2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups shortening
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. almond extract
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. salt
5 cups flour
24 oz. chocolate chips

Cream sugars and shortening. Add eggs, vanilla and almond. Sift together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake on greased cookie sheet 8-10 minutes at 350*. Do not overbake. This recipe makes about 5-6 dozen, so I usually half it.

Another great recipe from Heather!

2 comments:

  1. I need a new chocolate chip recipe! I can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise you will LOVE this one! I am seriously addicted to it. I didn't have chocolate chips on Saturday, but wanted these cookies so I made it without chocolate chips and it still tasted awesome!!

    ReplyDelete