Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pizza & Garlic Bread


My husband taught me how to make this dish a couple years ago. I can't believe I never came up with it sooner! It is quick, easy, and very scrumptious!
1 loaf of french bread
8 oz. cheese of your choice
1 can pizza or marinara sauce
25-30 pepperonis {or other toppings of your choice}
A few TBSP. of softened butter
Garlic powder
Parsley {Optional}
Slice loaf of bread in half. On one half, spread butter, then sprinkle desired amount of garlic powder, then parsley. {Sometimes I add a little bit of cheese to the garlic bread.} On the other half, spread desired amount of pizza sauce, then sprinkle cheese and add pepperonis on top. Place foil on your cookie sheet so you don't need to wash it. Then, place the pizza & garlic bread on the cookie sheet. Bake at 425* for about 10 minutes. Watch carefully. Once the pizza is done, I like to put it under the broiler for a minute or two to get the edges a bit crispy. Mmmm.

2 comments:

  1. tried this one too! love it! so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how easy this one is! I made the sweet and sour chicken tonight. It is soooooo yummy but I hate how long it takes to make :/

    ReplyDelete