Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Creamy Spaghetti


The secret ingredient in this spaghetti dish is the cream cheese, which makes the flavor very rich! Mmmmm. Since there are some picky eaters in my family {I won't name names}, I do not add real onions, but instead onion powder for the taste.

Creamy Spaghetti:

3/4 lb. whole grain spaghetti, cooked
1 lb. lean ground beef {I prefer 90% lean or higher}
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. dried basil
24 oz. spaghetti sauce of your choice
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
2 TBSP. Parmesan cheese, fresh or canned

Cook spaghetti as directed on the package. Cook the hamburger, along with the onion powder, garlic powder & basil. Drain, then return to pan. Stir in sauce and cream cheese; cook on low 3-5 minutes or until sauce is heated and cream cheese has melted. Drain spaghetti noodles and add to sauce. Mix and dish up! Top with Parmesan cheese. {{399 calories per serving}}

1 comment:

  1. I made this the other night and it is our new way to eat spaghetti we LOVED! I am going to try the french bread pizza this week! : )

    ReplyDelete